Saturday, April 18, 2009

Underestimated Rappers

Ace Hood
Up and coming rapper out of Deer Field beach Ace Hood is currently one of my favorite rappers. His hit song into the scene was “Cash Flow” which pretty much had me hooked on his music and ive been following him ever since. His play on words and lyrics could use some work but his go hard cut throat rapping style makes up for a lot of it. He signed to DJ Khaled's “We the best” label and has been on a pretty good track ever since he has. He's been featured on a few of his tracks with some pretty good verses. Late last year he release his album “GUTTA” that to this date has only sold around 71,000, which isn't too surprising considering it his first album. He's a good rapper on the come up and I see him doing really well in the future. Check his album his new SICK single “over time” and his next album“Ruthless”.





Lil Scrappy
One of my favorite rappers that always seems to entertain me with his music. His style of rapping is always crunk and full of energy and his lyrics aren't bad either. I still go crazy over his verse on “What you gon do” . For some reason he just never seemed like the rapper that everybody would be talking about or would have a hit song on the radio. I would see him have a track on the mixtapes every once in a while that would be decent but nothing for a while to really blow my mind. Recently I read about him signing to record label DTP (Disturbing The Peace) which is the label that Ludacris and Chingy so maybe that will give him a boost to put out some better tracks and get back in the game.



Chamillionaire
Has had brief moment in the spot light that seemed to just come and go. Recently I re discovered some of his music and realized that he was actually a really good artist and very underestimated. His lyrics and rhyming are very consistent and creative. He also went through his whole last album with out using a single curse word which is very impressive. I hope to see him come out with some good tracks soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment