Sunday, March 29, 2009

My 1st



This is my first blog so I guess ill just start off by saying that this blog is gonna be strictly hip hop because thats pretty much all I listen to. Hip hop is broken down into a bunch of sub categories but to be honest I have never been able to make at clear difference between hip hop and rap (maybe you guys can help me out on that), what I consider hip hop is artist like Flo-rida, Kanye west, and Lupe fiasco and pretty much started with run-dmc. Then rap is more of a hardcore type of hip hop with artist like Young Jeezy, lil wayne, Pac and Big. Rappers today are some of the highest payed men in the music industry with artists selling millions of albums in their first week of release. But its not the albums that build their fame for a lot of us its actually the mixtapes that they release with different Djs.For those of us who follow mixtapes this is how we judge rappers true talent based on a variety of things like consistency,creativity,flow and diversity its not just lyrics. Its more then just HOs this or Drugs that,like Ross would say “Its deeper then rap”

1 comment:

  1. In my opinion, there are plenty of differences between hip hop and rap. First, Hip hop is a culture and not just a genre of music. Hip hop consists of rapping, break dancing, graffiti, and maybe beatboxing. Rap is just the singing part.

    Hip hop artists are emcees. These are the rappers with real lyrics and care about the art they are putting out. The only good mainstream emcees out there right are are Eminem, Lupe, and Kanye in some instances. BIG and Pac are no doubt emcees and Flo Rida is rap. To me, your picks of rappers are right except for BIG and Pac. Rappers have lyrics that mostly talk about bitches, cars, money, drugs and all that bullshit. I don't listen to the radio because this type of music doesn't appeal to me anymore like it used to.

    Reasons why I don't like Wayne: 1. His lyrics are crap. It's just metaphor after metaphor and none of his rhymes have any personal meaning or any meaning at all. 2. His flow and breath control are terrible. He pays no attention to the beat and makes loud noises when he inhales which also throws off his flow. I also think he has a really annoying voice.

    These are my views on some of these things you talked about and maybe you'll let me co-blog with you? It's up to you, no worries if you don't want me to.

    ReplyDelete